Cancer Journey Coaching Package
Online Support Group and Individual Coaching for Cancer Patients and Those Who Support Them.
Early Bird Rates Now through January 31.
- Gain support from other people who struggle with life-threatening disease or who are supporting someone who struggles with a life-threatening disease.
- Receive group facilitation from a Cancer Journey Coach and professional facilitator.
- In addition, receive professional, individual life-coaching from a certified Cancer Journey Coach.
You will participate in a facilitated online live video support group and receive individual coaching sessions from Certified Cancer Journey Coach David Kegley.
- Orientation Session February 24, 2020
- Registrations Closes February 24, 2020
- First Formal Group Session February 26, 2020
- Video Support Group + Individual Coaching Without Ever Having to Leave Your Home
Just a few reasons coaching may be right for you:
You’ve been diagnosed with cancer or a major, life-changing illness or are supporting someone who has.
- Life for you has been turned upside down.
- Test results, procedures, pain, fear and overwhelm characterize your day.
- You long to be heard as a person; a human being.
- You’ve begun to feel powerless.
- You need understanding and structure to move forward in your life
Cancer or other life-changing illnesses can cause you to consider giving up and to let the ravages of illness have its way. But something in you suspects that this isn’t the end of your story; you can come back to yourself and rekindle your relationship with your values and strengths.
Post radical prostatectomy I would find myself standing alone in the laundry room—of all places!—crying and wondering if I could have a meaningful life again. The coaching I received helped move me into a deeper relationship with life… and with myself.
Through Support Group and Personal Coaching, you can:
- Gain a new perspective on your life
- Get calmer and more present
- Be appreciated for your own humanity and personhood
- Learn to make powerful choices to support your life
- Create a structured plan for moving forward
Program Description: What’s Included?
Our 2-hour group support sessions will include some brief content at the beginning and end of the sessions to help everyone participate meaningfully. The group support sessions are facilitated by David to help you take advantage of being heard in a community. Cancer Journey individual coaching sessions include David’s expertise as a coach for cancer patients, survivors and those who support them.
- Early Bird Cost: $600.00 (Before January 31, 2020)
- Regular Cost After January 31, $800.00
- Orientation Session begins February 24 and the program ends in April (See below for specific and dates)
- First Formal Group Session February 26, 2020
- Three 2-hour video Group Support Sessions
- Up to 2 Individual Coaching Sessions per month over the 3 months
- David is a Certified Cancer Journey Coach and Professional Facilitator
- On-Line 30-minute Introductory and Orientation Session
- 9:00-10:00 Pacific Time
- February 24, 2020
- Invitation sent to all who request
- On-Line 2-hour group support sessions
- 9:00—11:00 a.m. Pacific Time:
- February 26, 2020
- March 25, 2020
- April, 29, 2020
- Zoom Invitation sent to all paid registrants
- 50-minute Individual Coaching Sessions
- 1-2 sessions per month, scheduled individually
- February, March, April
Is Registration Currently Open?
Registration is currently open and there are only 10 slots open for this group. So, register early to assure your place and get the Early Bird rate. We wouldn’t want you to miss out.
Early Bird Registration Cost:
$600 – (Before January 31, 2020)
Standard Registration Cost:
$800 (After January 31, 2020)
Ready To Register?
We are so happy to hear that you are ready to take the next step in your Cancer Journey! Fill out the contact form below or click any "Register Now" button. Fill out the contact information and add to the text box that you want to register for the February-April Group Support and Individual Coaching program. I'll be in touch with you within two days.
Registration closes on January 25, 2020 and there are only 10 slots open for this group. Register early to assure your place and get the Early Bird rate. I wouldn't want you to miss out.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Seems like that is an unusually low price, what gives?
- People do tell me this is a low price. Truth is, I want it to be available for people so that they can get support. Sometime in the near future my prices will be going up, but for this offer you have this low price.
- What do I need in terms of equipment?
- You need a moderately good Wi-Fi connection, a camera (smart phones will do, as will tablets or computers with built-in cameras and computers with separate plugged-in cameras). Then, you just need to be comfortable, preferably in your own home or somewhere that you can speak candidly and openly about your situation.
- What’s “Zoom” and how does it work?
- Zoom is an online video meeting platform that works really well for groups. I’ll send you a Zoom invitation which provides a Zoom link to the meeting along with a meeting id code. You click on this link. If you haven’t used Zoom before, you’ll be prompted to install a small program that enables your computer (smart phone, tablet, etc.) to work with Zoom. Then you provide the meeting id code and you’ll be connected to the meeting. I encourage everyone to join me for the orientation meeting January 24 from 9:00 to 11:00 a.m. so that we can make sure everyone is up and running.
- Is the individual coaching session done by video too?
- You have the choice to connect by video or just by phone. We’ll arrange that when we set up the individual coaching session.
- How do you set up the individual coaching sessions?
- We’ll coordinate our calendars by email and then we’ll check our calendars at the end of each individual coaching session.
- What are the parameters around caregivers?
- You get to choose who you want to join you in the process—any adult who supports you and wishes to participate.
- Does the price include my support person?
- No, the price is for each participant. It’s important for caregivers to be supported for their own journey and I provide as much support for caregivers as I do for patients and survivors.
- Can I still enroll if my support person can’t?
- Can I, as a support person, enroll if my patient/survivor can’t?
- What if I can’t make one of the sessions? Are there make-up sessions?
- It’s real important that everyone plan to attend the group sessions, and if possible, to schedule other things around those dates/times so that you don’t have to miss. For reasons of logistics, privacy and group-process the group sessions can’t be recorded or made up later. For the individual coaching sessions, as long as you let me know in advance, you are encouraged to reschedule with me. Please do!